How often do you pray?

I don't pray that much, honestly. Do you think lack of prayer is the reason things go shitty in your life?

But what if you don't pray and things go well? Does prayer make a difference or does just believing God work? I honestly think you can have an understanding with God without praying to him.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I pray daily. I believe God has 3 answers to prayer~ "Yes" "No" and "Not yet".
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• several times a day.

Anonymous

• I think life can be hard either way. Prayer is not like rubbing a magic lamp and getting 3 wishes. God is not a genie. Prayer should always be about God's will and relationship. I pray throughout the day because I am aware of God's presence in my life. He is always with me and I want to acknowledge that and converse with Him. How would you feel if you were a quest in someones house and they just ignored you the whole time? LOL.

Even when I am having a bad day, I know that I have Someone to vent to, Someone to hope in, and Someone who understands. I think people who don't walk in the awareness of the presence of God miss out on the beauty of intimacy with Him.

People who don't pray get through their days okay, good and bad. But they don't have the beauty that comes from friendship with God.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• 5 times a day i pray to the One True Creator..it is my connection to God and helps me stay focussed on what the purpose of this life is. i call upon God throughout the day as i wash the dishes or enter my home after running an errand...i am grateful i have the opportunity to praise God Who deserves it, but free of all needs. being rich isn't about getting the goods in this life, but its being at peace and content as a servant of God....
    i'm muslim..meaning i love Islam.

peace.
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 3:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't have a set number of times a day that I pray, but I do pray often throughout the day.  I think this part of Cinnamon-mom's answer is well-put and sums up just about exactly what I think on this subject: "I think life can be hard either way. Prayer is not like rubbing a magic lamp and getting 3 wishes. God is not a genie. Prayer should always be about God's will and relationship. I pray throughout the day because I am aware of God's presence in my life. He is always with me and I want to acknowledge that and converse with Him."

LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Nearly all day long. I try to be in constant communication with God.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I talk to my Gods all day long.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• All the time.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yes I set a time twice a day when I pray. I pray in the morning and in the evening. I believe prayer does work. But you have to have Faith. A close walk with God. There are other things to prayer that God will answer.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 6:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• But I do communicate with God, through my heart not through prayer.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010