Anyone else think like this?

No bashing please (yea right,i know someone is still going to do it )

I don't want my husbands hard earned money going to help anyone who hasn't even tried to get up and help themselves. I've read to many posts and things lately thats like "why dont people want to help others out" "everyone struggles" and anything and everything about the healthcare bill or whatever! We give to organizations, and tithe and give to goodwill and everything else when we can and i give people who actually need help and CANT help themselves. There are too many people abusing the system to even begin. If my husband sees someone on the side of the road, he'll lend a hand and even give gas money..but that doesnt mean i think he should have to pay higher taxes or whatever so Joe Slob can sit at home,able to work but not willing and go to the doctor at our expense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i think alot of people are abusing the neediness too. they should draw a fine line between needy needy and wanty-needy.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• sweety your husband is just that type of man he always wants to give
    i know its hard but if it bothers u talk to him maybe u and him can go to a church and help out and start your own little thing at home that whaen someone neesd help u can do it
    like cloths and toys or even store water and can goods there is always something to do together and u both will feel great while u r doing it
    good luck
    cherylc1962

Answer by cherylc1962 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Would he (and you) be OK with helping people who work at minimum wage jobs (or slightly above) at a place that does not offer benefits? Or someone who does make a decent amount per hour, but can't get enough hours to be eligible for benefits? I have worked almost all of my teen and adult life. I have only had 2 jobs that had benefits. Places like retail stores and restaurants typically do not have benefits. Nor do some small factories. Oh, this one place I worked at for almost 10 yrs did offer insurance to the regular hourly people, but the premium was more than my wages for the pay period! Like I would sign up for THAT!! People on PA are not ALL people who sit at home all day trying to figure out how to get more, more, more! Some of them are just trying to get by the best way they can, and they really hate getting ANY kind of assistance. But they swallow their pride so their kids at least won't have to suffer.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• No, we didnt receive a 150 million bonus, but if we HAD i would have given portions to people who ACTUALLY need it. Who OBVIOUSLY and secretly really need it! not those waiting in line for food stamps instead of waiting in line for a job application.

Cheryl- im fine with my husband wanting to give and be nice, one of the reasons i married him.:) WE give, to our church and other org.'s and such like that. to people who are going to use it the right way, and who REALLY need it, i was refering to money coming from his check..more and more it seems just every other month. Going to the gov' who give it to whoever has signed up.
    Anonymous

• 29, I would be fine giving to people who ARE WORKING, thats fine. I give to my friends and even their friends who are working and trying. Thats no biggie. But I have seen people wearing expensive name brand clothes, with their Gucci bags, buying groceries with food stamps. That..is what gets me. Knowing they have the money to buy the nice clothes and many other things they dont NEED, but still need gov' assist. to buy the things they need
    Anonymous

• I don't believe you know what the requirements are to be eligible to receive PA. And I would guess that most of the people you see with the high name brand clothes don't know where any Goodwill's or thrift shops are. And they don't have any relatives who might buy them clothes for say, a birthday, or Christmas. And they would certainly never shop at a garage sale. Yes, it sucks a bit to see someone with better clothes, but unless you know that they are scamming the system, please don't judge them that way. Because you really don't know their story.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i agree. I'm with school of thought that says if you have the ability to work , and dont, then you don't deserve the things that those who do work have. I realize that people struggle, and some times there are those that don't have the ability to work. I have NO ISSUES helping those people out. Its the ones who sit on their butt all day, have no desire to support themselves, that I have a problem with giving to.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• heck yeah that pisses me off. when you got people out there sitting on their butts not doing anything and getting a free ride on our taxes, while other who really need help cant get it. like my friends girlfriend (this really pisses me off) does not work at all never really has and gets money from our taxes, when she can go to work. while i am here 37 weeks preggers and working all day long to take care of my family and all i qualify for is 16 a month on food stamps. 16 dollors doesnt do much when you got 3 kids and one on the way. i work for my money and so does my hubby. but we still dont make alot. but yet people can do nothing and get a free ride through life. yeah that pisses me off
    Anonymous

• I am greatly opposed to the government continuing to tax me out the wahzoo and then spend MY money irresponsibly.

Personally, I would much rather buy a cartful of groceries for the food bank than have the government give that $150.00 for a marsh mouse , turtle tunnel or for a study to find out why gay men have unprotected sex when they are drunk.

I think that some of the people 29again mentioned are the most worthy. They are working their butts off and not succeeding because they are caught in a crack.

Only the old and truly disabled shoud get a free ride.....ADD is NOT a true disability.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• How much does your husband make? Did he get a $150 million bonus this year?

Not the point.

The point:

Who is a deadbeat?

That's the point.

Often, people who can't get the point  are deadbeats

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010