RECALL ON SOME GRACO STROLLERS KIDS FINGERS AMPUTATED LOOK!!!!

I JUST HEARD THAT SOME GRACO STROLLERS ARE BEING RECALLED DUE TO CHILDRENS FINGERS BEING AMPUTATED LOOK UP ON LINE RECALLS ON GRACO STROLLERS N MAKE SURE U DO NOT HAVE ON THEY HAVE MODEL NUMBERS LISTED

millerchic

Asked by millerchic at 3:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have that stroller, and if you go to the website, they are giving away covers to put over the hinges to prevent laceration/amputation of fingers. It's a shame that it had to happen to 7 children for them to open their eyes to this.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I have that stroller, too... What I think is a shame is parents being dumb enough to let their kids stick their fingers in a latch while they are trying to move it. We can't cushion the whole world. Personal responsibility and a little bit of common sense go a long way...
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 3:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• That's a very valid point too, Iskkra!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yeah... Its a little bit like all those crib recalls... Kids dying because parents put them together wrong, or let cords hang down into the bed and the kids choke, and then the CRIB gets recalled? I'd prefer to recall those idiot parents who can't read directions, or think that a cord hanging in their kid's face would be just fine. And then, when something happens because of their own idiocy, they look around frantically trying to find someone other than themselves to blame.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 6:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• yeah some parents need to learn how to put things together propperly and take teh time to make sure things are safe but with certain things like these strollers the companies need to make sure that they are child safe because they are made for what hummmmm children n babies there should not be a way a childs finger can get chopped off from a stroller come on ladies i can understand children maybe pinching there fingers but there has to be a sharp material to sever there poor little fingers i think all the baby stuff made anymore is cheap shit everything breaks so easly the swings are crap thats for sure anyway i could go on but thats what i think
    millerchic

Answer by millerchic at 7:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• millerchic - Actually, no, there isn't any "sharp material". Like I said, I have one of those strollers, And I saw the pictures online of the exact mechanism they are talking about, and it is the same one that is on mine. And there is nothing sharp at all. It is a gear-like latch that a metal rod slides through to click the canopy up or down. And I can see how, if a child's finger was actually IN the gear when it was being moved, something like that would happen. But the child would have to be completely turned around in the stroller, facing the wrong way, while reaching back while the parent was messing w/ the latch for that to happen. Any responsible parent would move the child's hand, and make them turn around, before they moved the latch. Its just ridiculous.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 9:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• but still i don't think there should be any way a child's finger can be cut off they should go over all the ways a child can get hurt i can understand a child's finger can be crushed but it's also the companies responsibility to think of all the things that can happen they test them
    millerchic

Answer by millerchic at 10:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2010