depo shot

i was on the depo shot for a little more than a year after my son was born. i stopped taking it in aug of 08. since then i have had 2 period, 1 in april and the other in dec. has anyone had the shot and gotten pregnant or can give me an estimate of when i can expect a normal period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i as on it before baby it took a year and 1/2 before i was able to ge pregnant also got on it again after son was born loved it..then after a year dh got the big snip and i got off depo..it again took 1 year and 2 months to become normal. i now get a period every month same time ( yeah thanks hubby lol ) so i would guess over a year before it goes back to normal.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• how old are you? and your weight? them two factors really are a big factor on getting your period correctly. I was on it since I was 17 for about 6 months I gained alot to 150 so I finally got off and straight to the pill the next month. . oh andd im also 19 at the moment. but soonas I got off the depo shot I had my period within the 2 days I was getting off of it. it lasted 7 days! the next 2-3months my periods were small 4-5 days. and now about the same
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 11:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• it has been 1year and 1/2 since i got my last depo!!! i have been trying pretty much the whole time since... and no baby!!!
    i wish you luck... and hopefully baby dust to both of us!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010