renting a house question...

If you are renting a home and there is a mouse problem who has to take care of it? The land lord or me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• land lord, but it doesn't hurt to take some preventive steps yourself. get some mouse traps, and if that doesn't work & you need a professional terminator, call the land lord.
    Anonymous

• I would think it would be the landlord's responsibility.
    Anonymous

• Yes, the landlord.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• landlord
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• it should be lndlords trouble or u can tell him u will do it and take off rent..keep all recipts to show cost..but if u have my landlord your just poop out of luck and he will say they only come in for the winter..i wont mention the squarrles i have living in my walls and all he could say was..ohhh there moving threw here now.. yeahhh i know..wish i could help u. better.
    Anonymous

• i also agree try the traps.. ( i wouldnt do glue traps there horrible slow death ) t rex is a good thing. also dryer sheets help they hate th smell. steel wool to plug any holes there coming threw. if all eles fails call the landlord and take the next step..but least if he says did u try..u can say yes i did.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Look in you lease. The pest problem usually lands on you.

Answer by louise2 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I was living in a rental townhome when I was single and had a mouse that was getting in through the dryer vent (or so we found out later). My dh (bf at the time) plugged the hole and we set out mouse traps to get rid of it. The landlord may have had a responsibility to take care of it, but it was in MY house, getting in to MY food - I had a lot more at stake to get rid of it ASAP than my landlord did.

Answer by missanc at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• The landlord
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If you need to call in outside people then the landlord, but it wouldnt kill you to put down traps.
    Anonymous