ANYONE LIVE IN FORT IRWIN RIGHT NOW? I WOULD LIKE SOME OPINIONS

My husband wants to move there (currently in WA state) but i do not want too. I know the school system sucks. The housing looks like but i dont care. that isnt going to make me want to move. I dont like the weather in that city. I know barstow is 40 miles away. we shop at safeway and fred meyers markets and sometimes albertsons. Oh and we have a costco membership. The mall is far, whole foods is far. He only wants to live in cali because he loves it. but thats it. he can care less if the school system sucks and his kids go to messed up schools. Do you like living there and why? No we dont shop at the px or commissary we dont like too. No we are not stuck up, we choose to eat organic foods. I just dont see anything cool about living there.

aeroslove

Asked by aeroslove at 4:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Looks nice i meant*
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• The housing is nice a friend of mine is stationed there....but aside from the housing she hates it! Sorry this isnt any real help....just NEVER come to ft polk...its much worse then out there.
    Anonymous

• I don't live in FT. Irwin, but I know the whereabouts and...that part of California sucks. Nothing beautiful about it and like you said, everything is really far away. And yes the school system does suck. Actually, California in general just sucks. The cost of living, the unemployment rate. I'm from California and I'm moving to Texas...I wouldn't recommend moving here right now in this economy.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Thanks ladies. see what i mean! I am from the south bay area like my husband but he can care less what anyone says about it. He just told me he grew up with the whole school system being sucky but dont you want better for your kids? I thought that was something everyone wanted. I guess im the weird one huh? He said WA state is messed up (not in those words lol) and he does not care what i want because we been living in WA state since 2007 and it should be his choice. Well no its not. I care more about the schools and where to shop then moving to a state because HE likes the weather only. Ridiculous!
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2010