Would you get Mad if your hubby/boyfriend forgot about yall anniversary date?

HisPhatGurl757

Asked by HisPhatGurl757 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I told my DH about this post and he said that .. The women who get mad are the ones who know ahead of time and purposely don't remind their DH just so they can hold it over their heads. That they secretly want them to forget. Just thought I'd share his perspective with you all.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'm delighted when my husband forgets, but he never does. I normally forget!!
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 4:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i would get hurt
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• We both forgot this year, until my mother in law called to wish us a happy anniversary. Life gets in the way. Remind him next year if it matters so much.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• That is one date he does remember. Now my birthday, the kids birthdays etc..nope he doesn't remember those.. Either way, I am not hurt by it, I just remind him. Those dates are not that important. The important thing is does he love you everyday and shows that love with action? If he does, just remind him.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My husband is just not the gift giving/date remembering type. He feels SO bad and usually makes up for it when he does forget. He forgot Christmas last year! I love him and know that this is just one of his many quirks so I don't worry to much. He is amazing at remembering other things and spending time with me and the kids so how could I really be mad for more than a minute?
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't say to much about it men are bad like that. My DH doesn't remember ours we been married 6 years all he knows is it is in October guess that is better than nothing lol. We been married 6 years together almost 10 years and he just about a year or 2 ago started remembering my birthday he new it was in june, but didn't know the day. Our DD's are almost 5 and the other just turned 2 and he knows there birthdays are january and april, but not the dates men are forgetful like that so I wouldn't get to mad about it I usually tell DH you know our anniversary is next whatever day it is lol (hint hint)lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'd be ticked. LOL But don't have to worry about that because i'm not married and for good reason too. :D

Seriously, with all the modern technology out there and the number of men and women who have cell phones, please tell me that a man can't possibly remember to add his anniversary date to his calendar on his BB or phone. Even if the wife added it for him. There's no excuse a man should forget their anniversary(nor should a woman forget either).
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If my dh forgot our wedding anniversary? - yes I would be hurt. But a bf? No, I don't think that's serious enough to get upset over - what would you be celebrating? The day you met, the day you moved in together, the day you had your first date, etc? It's not as significant.

Answer by missanc at 4:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My BF and I have been together 2 years and 8 months (as of yesterday) and he remembered, although, I must say I do forget the monthly ones from time to time (the months go by so fast). Anyway we actually talked about this topic yesterday and we both feel its important to celebrate our anniversary because it took so long for us to find each other. If he forgot (a yearly anniversary) I would be very hurt.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010