What are your thoughts on welfare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• There is no such thing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• There is no such thing.

you mean you dont have thoughts gaill?
    Anonymous

• It should go away. Its not the governments job to provide money, food OR health care for its citizens. And before you ask, YES my family has (and are) having horrible financial times.
    Anonymous

• My thoughts on welfare....hmm...the reason it was started back in the depression by FDR was to help americans get back on their feet. It was suppose to be a temporary assistance to get people back on track, I don't believe he intended for future generations to abuse it as a way of life. If the women who spit out kids like gumballs would go out and get jobs vs. sitting on their ass at home having more kids for more money on their TANF checks then maybe the system wouldn't be so screwed. I've been on welfare, and it did help me out. I was working at the time i was on it, so i was entitled to it because i earned it. I paid into the system like everyone else and I got off of it within a year. It CAN be a good thing, but the government loons in charge of the budget clearly don't know how to set limits and better stipulations for those on assistance.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• its gotten out of control and needs to be ended completely. People will have to just start supporting themselves again. *sigh* survival of the fittest!
    Anonymous

• WELFARE IS OK. LIKE OTHER PROGRAM IT HAS IT'S GOOD AND BAD. GOOD IS IS HELP PEOPLE WHO RELLY NEED THE HELP. NOT EVERYONE HAS A RICH FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER TO HELP THEM. ITS GOOD FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED TO TO GET AHEAD AND HELP PROVIDE FOR THEIR FAMILY SO THEY CAN GET OFF IT. NOW OF COURSE YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE AND LIE TO PLAY THE SYSTEM FOR FREE MONEY AND DON'T MAKE ANY EFFORT TO BETTER THEMSELVES AND HAVE PEOPLE INCOME GOING TOWARD WELFARE. WELFARE IS OK FOR PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF WHO NEED IT. I WORK AND GO TO SCHOOL WIT A LITTLE HELP FROM WELFARE BECAUSE I RATHER B ON WELFARE DOIN WHAT I NEED TO DO FOR MY KIDS THAN DOIN OTHER THINGS LIKE STRIPPING AND SELLING MY BODY OR EVEN SELL DRUGS. I DO WAT I NEED TO DO FOR MY CHILDREN DESPITE WHAT OTHERS THINK OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ONE THEIR LEVEL
    Lele1987

Answer by Lele1987 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i think it should be regulated more. i think you shouldn't be able to get pregnant while on welfare and that would really defer women from abusing the system. i honestly think it's mostly women who do. if you get pregnant on it you should only be able to get it when you have the child and only for your children. women would find a better way of providing if they were actually put in that place, and if they can't then they don't deserve children.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think welfare is ok for the people who need it. I would rather see a parent get food stamps then to see a hungry child. Some people just cant afford things even when they are working.
    I also think the people who are abusing it, those who refuse to work, sit home all day and collect checks should be put on a time limit or monitored seriously. I dont think anyone should be allowed to abuse it but I dont think taking it away helps. Children shouldnt be faulted for what their parents cant provide them.
    Anonymous

• I think it needs to be regulated better. I see too many people taking advantage of it so they do not have to work. I do not see anything wrong with it for people who are all ready working and need just a little bit of help.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think it's great to be used to get on one's feet and properly care for your children

Answer by admckenzie at 8:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2010