Did your son need to be recircumcised???????

My son got circumcised at birth and the ob doc didnt take off enough. He is now 6 months and needs to be redone.

Has this happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why does he need to be redone? Is there a problem? If not, I'd leave it. Not worth going through it twice for sure, IMHO

It does happen, though. I have a daughter (pregnant again, but we don't know what it is lol).

I hope your little guy comes through the procedure better this time!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Nope, my son's was done and he is almost 3 and perfect.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• no, the pediatrician at the hospital did it right the first time when my son was 2 days old. What went wrong? Why does he have to get it done again? If it was just that he didn't remove enough skin but there are no infections,maybe it will be alright the way it is now?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• my son had a problem with the skin reattatching to the head, the doc would just pull it back (he cried but was fine) he instructed us to just pull it back when we changed his diaper to make sure it wouldn't be able to reattatch.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• The foreskin has adhered to the head of the penis. It definitely looked like she tried to do the top but not the bottom. There is enough skin on there that is can almost cover the urine hole so it possibly could cause a problem in the past.

I thought i was pulling it back enough for obviously not. The doctor tried to pull it bac today but it definitely got really red and it hurt. I rather do it when he is young instead of when he gets older and realizes that his penis looks funny.

My friend just had a boy and his penis looks definitely different than my babies.
    Anonymous

• :( This is why people should not mess with what is already perfectly fine.

I wish your little man luck momma.
    Anonymous

• My son wasnt done at all. One of the many reasons I chose not to do this ELECTIVE procedure.
    Anonymous

• My son is 10 months old and had to be recircumsized. His surgery was last Thursday, 9/9/10. Before the surgery I did a lot of research. After ready all the "journals" , I was terrified!!! Most everyone said "don't do it". Well, it HAD to be done because the doctor did not cut all the way around and it was pulling his penis downward. We Thursday came I was hysterical. There was NO need for that. My little Beau did so good. He has not cried since we brought him home. In fact, you would never know he had surgery. He is a VERY good baby to begin with and the doctor did say that babies with good temperments tend to do really well. I
    803mandy

Answer by 803mandy at 4:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm heartbroken because On Tuesday we are having to take our 7 month old in to be recircumcised. I had been asking our ped's doc since his 2 week check up if she thought enough skin was take because it didn't look to me like there had been. She kept assuring us it was fine. Finally at his 6 month check up she agreed- you can't even tell he'd been circumcised. We went to a ped's urologist who said medically he was fine but there was a lot of skin. We don't want him to have to do this when he's older and will remember but the thought of him having to go through this AGAIN, and being put to sleep completely breaks my heart and infuriates me it wasn't done right the 1st time. On top of all that- after insurance, this will cost us about $2000. Not fair at all for any of us!
    flchic70

Answer by flchic70 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2010