pregnancy blood test to confirm?

I haven't had a period in 30 days now. Ive tested but its still negative.
I feel pregnant, I really do. Something just doesn't feel right. I get these tiny lil sensations right over my pubic area through out the day. Had cramping some days. even one day I felt nauseous for hours. Yet the tests still say negative. Did any of you need a blood test to confirm your pregnancy? While all the HPT said negative.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A friend of mine never did get a positive home test. Her son just turned 1 in November! Call and ask your doc if he will do one. Good luck and I hope it turns out like you hope!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It happens. Blood tests are much more sensitive. A urine test has to have at least 25 IU (usually more) of hCG to show positive, and you won't spill the hormone in your urine until there's a buttload of it in your blood. A blood test shows positive at 6 IU. There is a much higher false positive rate with blood tests than with urine tests, but if it's positive then you can have an ultrasound to be sure :)

Good luck, I hope it turns out how you want it to!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2010