Valentines Day is coming up. Last year my S/O was out of town on business on Valentines Day. He didn't even send me flowers (he's not a romantic guy). This Valentine's Day he will be 2000 miles away AGAIN. Is it tacky of me to hint around for a gift? We've been together two years as of this month. Even something simple like flowers would be nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If you hint around and don't get it will you be disappointed? I would just keep that in mind..I would maybe hint that it is Valentines Day but I wouldnt really hint for something specific
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• uh, and you have a kid with him?
    Anonymous

• No, I don't have a kid with him but I don't see what that has to do with the question?
    Anonymous

• If you spend your life hinting around and hoping for results, you will spend your life disappointed. How about you say to him "What night would you like me to make reservations for v-day dinner?" or tell him you got HIM something for Valentines Day. You only get out of a relationship what you put into it.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 5:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Just go buy yourself whatever you would like and pretend it's from him or just send yourself a card. It would be the same as having to force him to do something he's really not into.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Well I can relate where you are coming from when I first met my dh he was working a weird schedule some days and some nights some off... and usually the days of a special occasion would fall on the days/nights so we would celebrate it on another day or whenever he was off never on that day bc of his schedule I kind of got used to it not to mention I like it in a way bc you can also avoid the crowds...lol Why don't you mention it to him let him know how you feel some men don't know unless it is brought to their attention believe it or not and if that is the way he is...find you another man...lol Just kidding! Buy him something for starters make him feel guilty maybe that will help to get the ball rolling. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Tell him you would like for the two of you to go out for a nice romantic dinner for v-day before his trip and you wanna make sure it's somewhere he'll like on a night he can make it. And then "let slip" that you got him something... and leave it at that. See what happens. If nothing, then treat yourself to something really pretty you've been wanting.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 5:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My suggestions...

1) accept him for who he is and be ok with it
    2) dont hint (men dont always get hints) tell him you would like a small token on Valentines day.
    3) if you tell him and he does nothing, sit and make a grown up choice - either accept him and be ok with it or move on.
    Anonymous