How can you explain this to your kids when they act so silly about it?

Anything that has to do with butt, private or just plain being naked they giggle so they make it so hard for me to be open with them about the human anatomy there are times they are serious but I can just see them being silly with their friends and BOOM! my mom told me...Don't get me wrong I'd rather be the one to tell the stuff not their friends bc they could easily be informed so mommy's what would you do or say with out telling a lie?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I mean't to say MIS informed...
    Anonymous

• my boys are 4 and 5 and they always listen very intently. when we having a discussion about it they are good listeners. But then later they are SOOOO inappropriate with the information i have just given them. I have to tell them a LOT that there is a time and place for talking like that. ugh. ...that's just the way it is i guess.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If you are using the word "private" you are not being open with them. Children should always be taught the proper names for body parts and their functions. Keep an open eye for teachable moments; ask them what they know, clear up misconceptions and fill in the gaps; ask them if they have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010