How to cook a ribeye steak?

I dont have charcoal to use a bbq, so thats outta the question. I wanna maybe bake with some taters.
The steak is bout 1 inch thick and I like it med. well. I need to know what temp to cook & for how long?

Amberoz

Asked by Amberoz at 5:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• my MIL just seasons them with whatever she's using that night and then uses the broiler. About 10mins on one side and then 8 on the other (for about 1/2- 3/4 inch thick. Up the time just a few minutes on each side for thicker steaks). Only flip them once though. Then let them sit about 5-10 mins after you take them out before you cut them. The meat will continue to cook.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• make your potatoes, but do not bake the steak. season it, and put a LITTLE bit of oil in pan, bring it up to med high, sear both sides, put it back down to low, cover and finish cooking. let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2010