What happens when you think you've hit rock bottom and aren't sure that ANYTHING can make you happy?

I'm not sure where to go or what to do. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I feel like while I have more than some people and should be happy, I just can't be. It gets so bad at times and I just think the only way I'll find relief is to be dead. I'm not being abused, my kids are in good health, I should be happy with what I have. Please don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for everything I have been blessed with, I'm just not HAPPY. And it scares me to death to think no amount of money, love, medication or attention can make me happy. It's like I'm happy for a little bit then come crashing back down and it's literally driving me crazy. No one wants to believe me or help me with these feelings, either. My mom and husband won't even watch the kids so I can get some me time to cry in peace. I'm so lost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• wait. ...did i post that?
    oh no. i couldn't have posted that because my mom is dead and my husband is overseas.
    ...sure sounds a lot like me though.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Go staight to your doctor, and tell him everything you just wrote. He/She will hopfully have some suggestions to help or at least recommend someone (like a therepist) who you can talk and vent to. Do you have any girlfriends that you get to vent to, or at least just be around? How old are your kids, could you have PPS?
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You need to schedule an appointment with a therapist. It is horrible that your family doesn't believe you, and won't take the kids to let you deal with this. Since they won't someone needs to. You need to schedule an appointment with a therapist. Talk it out with them to help you figure out what you need. Your Primary Doctor will only prescribe you medications, they won't help you deal with the real issue. You need to figure out the core of this depression, so that you can deal with it. Sounds to me as though you feel overwhelmed by all that you have to do, and then ontop of that nobody helping you. If that's the issue then take initiative and get the help from those who should be help. I.E. Your husband.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Thank you guys so much for being so nice about this. My youngest is almost 2 years old so not sure if it's PPD. I don't have any friends, most of my friends ended up choosing drugs and men over their kids so I have no urge to confide in them. I'm just really lonely and I think I will call my doctor. I hate living like this.
    Anonymous

• You look up. I don't like to be very preachy but I wont hesitate to tell you that my life was changed dramatically when I started praying to God to help me be happy. I've struggled with depression. I know the feeling of not getting a break & having people basically tell you to get over it. The only place left to turn was to God. I know.. that's really corny. But it really did help me. When I'm feeling really down here's what I say..
    "God, thank you for all my blessings. My beautiful kids, my loving family, the air I breath. Thank you for my good fortune. I know I'm truly blessed. But God, I need help today. I want to be happy. I need to be happy. Please help me to find my strength. Guide my heart to find the happiness I know you want me to feel. In your name I pray, Amen"
    It took a while for me to find my way, but I'm here now and it's great! I hope this helps. I hope you find your happiness. Feel free to pm me anytime..
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would print out what you wrote and have an appointment with your doctor TOMORROW. You are not alone sweetie. Many of us have felt like that at one time or another. It could be seasonal, could be more than that. But non-the-less... something should be done for you. God gave our doctors wisdom and knowledge of how to handle our ailments. Good for you for asking for help!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'm Sorry. Sounds like me!! Years ago.. Please Get Help!! My DD's are now 25 & 30. I never got help! Its been a horrible Life! All alone! Plus through poverty, problems, job loss, pain, suffering ,accidents and a whole lot more!! But let's get you Well!! I never had anyone Ever watch my Girls growing up!! It was somethging Else! Like my only friends were on soap operas! Plus+ we lived in the rural country alone!! Anyway Get some Help! See a DR. Don't take no for an answer! Find things to do to get out! We all know we have to get out! Get Away!! Etc.. We all need a Break!! Even a Nice Daily Walk could Help! It would take 30 days of daily walking to feel Better. But see what has to be done!! Its understandable! This does happen way too often!! Hope you get some Help! You ned to! Big Caring understanding hugs to you!! I Care! I sure Do!! Don't give up on yourself. This is a serious Sad pain! Get your relief and help! Please!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• you are over-extending yourself. How do I know this? I feel exactly the same way and when I try to tell my husband I get responses like "I should be happy other people have it worse!" He doesn't "get" that I am happy that I am a mom and I am happy that I am married but I am not happy with the relationship or the fact that in over 5 yrs. I haven't had any alone time or "free time". I'm in the same boat as you ( no babysitters). We live thousands of miles away from anyone that even gives a crap about me. It feels like when I need help the most, it turns out to be the worst day with no help.
    Anonymous

• maybe cos you dont have anything to worry about, your in a rut, need to do something different, get some mates reading the applies above is the start you need get talking to us, you have too much time to reflect on your lonliness, sounds like were all on your boat, were all sinking i think
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 8:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2010