I have noticed

I have noticed on here that alot of Christian moms feel intimidated by non-Christians when they share their faith. In turn they began to try other ways to appease them by becoming their friend in fear of making them upset. My question is what are you going to do as the coming of the Lord draws close and these same people want to persecute you, are you going to try and "learn" from them or stay steadfast in the faith? Don't you know that the deeper your roots are in Jesus the more backlash you will get? Just curious and want to know what you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't hide my faith. I'm a Jesus freak and proud of it... got a million Blessings as badges of His glory.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 5:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Why did you post as anon?
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't hide it either. Nor do I feel intimidated by a non Christian. Everyone has their own beliefs. I am not scared of the coming of the Lord, let people do to me what they will because I will be in Heaven one day, and thats all that matters.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't see how learning about other religions or belief systems makes one less of a Christian. If simply learning about them is enough to weaken your faith, then it really wasn't that strong to begin with. You can learn about others and still be strong in your faith. It's not like you have to join them to learn about them, or worship with them, it's just information.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't hide it. If someone bashes me that's their problem. I DO try to see others' points of view, but that doesn't mean I will ever agree... just know where they are coming from. I will never let anyone talk me into thinking there is no God or Jesus. I don't get intimidated... just irritated at the ignorance and judgement of THEM... so if it gets to a point in a convo. that they are just too unreasonable or full of drama, I back out, because it isn't worth the drama.... they won't change, at least not then.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't hide at all. I'm sure that is obvious to some. But I do befriend other people also - Jesus has called us to love ALL and judge NONE. I try very hard to hold myself to that.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Wait, wait, wait. So you are bashing other Christians for being friends with non-Christians and claiming they only do it out of fear of those non-Christians?
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel the OP has had one to many hits of the spiked kool-aid?
    You realize that the same Jesus you believe in hung out with the sinners and those not accepted by the church at the time, right? Oh wait you'd actually have to read your Bible to figure that one out.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I am trying to think if I should turn this quesiton in to CM? Are you trying to start a fight?
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 5:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

Well she did post it anon.......
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• The only one who answered fighting is the pp. All the others are giving their opinion and thoughts. Her response is a prime example of what I am talking about, considering the question is geared toward Christians in general.
    Anonymous