Have any of you taken Lexapro?

I have been struggling with PPD/anxiety for 15 months, trying to deal with it naturally and without medication, but nothing has worked. I saw my doctor yesterday, and she prescribed me Lexapro. I am just curious to know other's experiences with this medication. Did it work for you? How did it make you feel? Did you have more energy and do you feel like you were more productive? Overall, do you feel that the medication was helpful? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• gave me total dry mouth.... I couldn't stand this side effect and quit before my trial 2 weeks was up... I struggle with the same problem (PPD + PTSD + PAWS) and have been strictly relying on prayer to get me thru until my 10modd is weened then I intend on trying pro vantax. it works for my mom and its all natrual and non habit forming.
    Anonymous

• My husband was on it - he did VERY well on it. He is OCD and is Bi-Polar. It just regulated his mood and stabilized the anxiety.

I was just prescribed it today so we will see. I have some seasonal depression and PTSD and a bit of anxiety. I hope it helps.
    Anonymous

• I have to say I evened out while taking Lexapro. Before it I was a weeping mess (PPD) and a lot of other bad things all at once were going on. I took it for two months. It did help. A word of warning, don't just stop taking it, do ot gradually.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yes I just started taking it for my anxiety. It is working well for me. I feel calm and alot more happier.
    Anonymous

• I've been on it for about 3 or 4 years! I LOVE it! I have few, if any side effects, it stabilizes my moods, I don't get sad very often unless it's something somewhat major. I was on it my whole pregnancy and breastfeeding, and am on it again with my current pregnancy! I've been on most antidepressants at one point or another, and lexapro is the only one that I've stayed on for more than a couple years. The others either had too many side effects, made me numb, didn't work, or my body got used to it after time and they stopped working. I've had no problems on my lexapro and only needed an adjustment once :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2010