How can I make my lower right side of my back feel better?

What I was doing I was trying to slowly and carefully stretch my back I should have just layed on the floor and brought my knees to my chest and did it that way...anyway instead I got to 5lbs. dumbbells and bend over bouncing up and down slowly then I turned to my left and did it that way too then when I switched over to my rightside and began to do it on that side that is when I feel something I was uh oh!!! wth? so I just put the dumbbells and got on the computer I don't want to agrevate that part...so should I just leave it alone? Or what? Thank you ladies :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• tell your husband to be a good hubby and give you a massage
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Sounds like you strained a muscle. Spread this to your friends... never bounce when stretching or lifting... How to feel better? Take a couple of advil if you can, rest as much as possible and use some heat. I suggest a rice sock. Fill a tube sock with dry rice. Microwave for 2-4 minutes to desired temp and put on back. The rice cools off with time unlike a heating pad. Plus it's cheaper. Also, a bubble bath, lots of ice cream and chocolate and some roses from hubby tend to go a loooooooooooooong way!
    rebemomma

Answer by rebemomma at 6:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Maybe heat packs and ice packs! I get you! I've hurt myself a lot! Bad backs hurt! Try the alternatrely of the cold & warm, therapy! I hope you find what works! Otherwise if its so severe, go in to a DR. Best of Luck! Hope you get Relief soon! I know and get it! Feel Well soon!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• First, apply ice to the injury (wrap ice in cloth - do not apply ice directly to skin) for 15 to 20 minutes every 4 hours for two or three days. The cold helps reduce pain and inflammation and is also a distraction from the back pain. After four or five days, providing the inflammation has subsided, apply heat for 15 or 20 minutes at a time. Heat increases blood flow and helps relax tight back muscles. (Pain can cause muscles to tighten or spasm).
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2010