does anyone know?? Help me

Ok so we have found dinosaur bones and other old items.. But does anyone know why we have never found any peices of the ark (noahs ark)?? Could anyone explain why we have never found anything to show proof of this, I so beleive in God and the Ark but my son got me thinking. Could anyone help me with this please, he said they have proof of all this but not the ark so is it really real?? Help me

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• um the ark was made of wood. it would have long ago deteriorated. they have however found where it is likely that the ark "landed" after the flood.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Well put missbrezzy
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If there was an ark, and I believe there probably was, it has long since become a part of the earth. I am not a Bible Literalist by any means, though. And do not believe that Genesis is a science textbook.
    Anonymous

• Think about it this way - there were ilterally millions of dinosuars all over the world. We only have a few bones - not all of the bones were fossilized. There was only 1 Noah's ark - the chances that it would have been fossilzed and preserved is close to nil. Just like if you picked one specific dinosuar - the chances that the bones of that particular dinosaure would be perseved are close to nil.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• not everything fossilizes you know.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It was made of wood that easily decomposes and its one ark compared to countless dinosaur bones that are scattered all over the world.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Eringobrough makes a good point about the number of dinosaurs and the few bones that have been found. So in terms of the ark, it could have decomposed. Afte rthe flood Noah and his family could have dismantled it in order to build their homes. It might have been found and used as firewood by people thinking it was just another shipwreck. There are millions of possibilities.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It could have been a symbolic story, not a real ark or pairs of animals,etc. But it still is a good story.
    Anonymous

• i read an article about how they think they may have found "proof" of the ark in a mountain in Turkey but they say the ice is keeping them from excavating it. here's the wiki link on it, kinda interesting, but i dunno if its truth...ya know how wiki is :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searches_for_Noah's_Ark
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010