i have a idea for potty trainning but need advice

i have tried everything i was told to potty train my 3yr old daughter, well i am at my wits end with it, so i was thinking, she LOVES parties and getting all dressed up for them, so i was thinking if i told her once she uses the big girl potty all the time then i would throw her a "big girl" party, cake, ice cream , dressed up and friends over for it,

do you think that is a ok idea? maybe it could work?

mommytotaylor

Asked by mommytotaylor at 6:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think that's a great idea!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Sounds like a great idea! My dd took forever to potty train as well...I tried pull ups- which imo are a joke! I finally just put her in big girl panties, and yeah I did about a millions loads of laundry that first week, but after that she hasn't had any problems. Good Luck!!!
    frogger11

Answer by frogger11 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yep, for my second child when the time comes I will NOT be going from diapers to pull ups. I think they're holding my son back.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My Son was TT within 2 days of turning 3 my Daugther was 3.5 ( twins yes boy was easier)

I agree with the reward but make sure she has been TT for awhile not justa few days

all the best
    Tadearly

Answer by Tadearly at 4:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• What ever works. For some kids it's getting a piece of candy after each successful potty trip. My mom said that it was a pair of scissors for me. I really wanted them and she said that only big girls who go potty got scissors. I got them really quickly.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i also did the candy, for her it was m&m's she loves them and eventually meme and papa gave them to her whenever so it wore off at home
    mommytotaylor

Answer by mommytotaylor at 1:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Here is an idea to help along the way! Make a chart too put on the wall in the bathroom or where her potty is. Put a picture of kids at a party(the final reward for going to the potty on her own.)at the top of the chart. At the bottom of the chart put a picture of your daughter. Begin toilet training by taking her on a timed schedule. Set aside a week or two to commit to this process consistently. Tell her, "It is time to go potty!" Do not ask her ,"DO you need to go potty?" Just take her! Take her every 40-60 minutes throughout the day. Eventually, she will go pee when you set her on the potty and of course you will cheer and clap loudly. Then place a sticker on the chart for her success! Each time she goes, she gets a sticker. Wind the stickers back and forth on the chart, working up towards the picture of the party. Once to the party picture, she should be potty trained. Also, I suggest no pullups!
    lovetoteach1988

Answer by lovetoteach1988 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i should add that when we do take her to the potty she does pee, she just wont tell us when she has to pee or poo, i do TELL her when she is going to go to the bathroom and not ASk her if she has to go.
    she goes potty at school and even the other night when my friend was babysitting taylor ASKED to go potty and told my friend she had to go, but wont at home, drives me nuts, she gets LOTS of praise for going potty, i make a huge deal outta it and when she doesnt i dont make a big deal or get mad at her,
    i have been told i am doing all i can but i just dont feel like it, she is soooooo stubborn.
    mommytotaylor

Answer by mommytotaylor at 9:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010