Early pregnancy, how much sleep did you get a night?

I am 7wks. and I aim for 9 hours and I am still exhausted allllll day long! How many hours did you need to feel rested?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No matter how much sleep you get. In you first trimester you will feel tried. You body is working hard. But getting a good nights sleep is great. Keep it up because not before to long you will not be able to sleep much.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• when u hit the 2nd triemester you will fill great
    Anonymous

• It was awhile ago that I was pregnant but I don't remember ever feeling rested until almost the 3rd trimester. I had a really easy pregnancy as far as other symptoms go, but the fatigue i had was rediculous. Hopefully yours will wear off sooner than that :)
    Charmante

Answer by Charmante at 6:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• gees i cant spell trimester* feel*
    Anonymous

• i'll b 7 weeks this friday.. and im always tried.. and i went to bed last night at 8 and woke up at 9 and now im ready 2 take a nap..lol.. girl its jus part of the 1st term. Congrats on the baby!!!.. whens ur due date!
    lscott2208

Answer by lscott2208 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• no matter how much sleep i got it was never enough. its normal to feel that way. people say that in your second trimester it gets better but t never did for me. i have been sleepy since about 6 weeks. and i am now 36 weeks. with my last two pregnancies though i did feel more energy when i got into my 3rd trimester, so i guess it depends on your body and how much you do during the day. i found the more i slept the more i felt tierd. try some exersise, it can help gt you going. i know its hard to do it when all you wanna do is lay down, but it can really help.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 6:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Never enough. I'm 27 weeks and still never enough. Depends on what you're doing in the day. Definitely exercise, safely of course. Walking, dancing, whatever you need to do. Drag yourself and make yourself do it, it really helps.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 6:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I try to get 9 hours/night and I'm still tired (14 weeks)- I lay down and take a nap every day when my youngest does. The nap in the middle of the day really helps me recharge for the 2nd half of the day. I'm with a pp who said that they were tired throughout the pregnancy - it never gets better for me in the 2nd trimester, but hopefully it will for you!

Answer by missanc at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I figured as much I'm just exhausted! I hope the 2nd trimester is better. iscott2208 I will be 7 weeks tomorrow, my due date is Sept 9!
    Anonymous

• You will always be exhausted the first trimester. Your body is adjusting to the new baby. Make sure you are taking really good prenatals. Your prenatal should give you energy. If not then it might not have all the good stuff your body needs for the baby. GL It will get better. I was exhausted with my first but I am 10 weeks and have a 17 month old toddler to chase after and still being tired I manage. It will all work out.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 7:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2010