H1N1 vaccine ?

I did not want to give my son the vaccine at first because it was new but then when I took him for his check-up I decided to give him the nasal spray. This was about a week ago. Now he had gotten sick with a mild fever, cough, and congestion.

So ladies who gave your children the H1N1 vaccine, did your children get sick afterwards? I am really worried I made the wrong decision.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The nasal spray is a live virus so yes it could make you sick. As for it being around since the 70's this isn't entirely true. Yes there was a strain of swine flu that went around then, but this strain is entirely different (it has other strains in it too) and the vaccine is entirely different. They stopped giving the vaccine in the 70's because it was killing more people and was worse then getting the flu itself. This vaccine is based on the current flu vaccine with only the virus in it changed so no it was not rushed into production either, but you are mistaken that it is the same as the 70's.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• We all got it, me, husband and three kids. My friends family all got it, her and her two kids. In my family my husband and I got the shot, 2 kids first dose was nasal second was shot, 3rd kid both shots. Friends family, her shot and kids nasal. None of us got sick.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Most kids will have some side affects from vaccines. For example my son ran a mild fever for several days after his last HIB vaccine. I don't like them and I won't be doing anymore vaccines-they make me uncomfortable. I would keep an eye on his condition and if it worsens or doesn't get better soon, I would call the doctor and double check.
    mikesmommy1117

Answer by mikesmommy1117 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• He might just have a completely unrelated cold or other virus. And in reality, a mild case is better than a raging case, right?
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my son dr does not advise it i dont know why, and i did not get it as well but my boyfriend did
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2010