HUH What? Please answer even if you don't know!

Has anyone ever heard of a women not producing HCG until her second trimester?? I have heard a bunch of stories of this around the internet. Just looking for some thoughts. I ask because I have missed 3 periods, I have had countless HPT's and 2 blood tests...both qual and quant. All neg...but when I had a u/s they found a heart beat. I go for another u/s on saturday to make sure everything is where its supposed to be.

julieobug

Asked by julieobug at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have seen the shows on Tv where the women didnt know they were pregnant til they were giving birth. Thats amazing through all the negative tests, they found a heartbeat! :)
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• lol yeah I know! I'm terrified that that could be me! But I'm happy that they found something...I'll know more saturday.
    julieobug

Answer by julieobug at 7:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• wow op, that's great!!!! could your doctors say why nothing showed in urine and bloodtests? learn something new every day!!
    a Real Miracle Baby!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• No they still don't know and its driving them nuts! I have a feeling I'm going to be a pin cousin (sp) this pregnancy. I can't spell tonight!
    julieobug

Answer by julieobug at 7:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• it happened to my bff. She was about eight weeks along before they finally did an ultrasound. The placenta is responsible for producing the hcg hormone and yes it does occasionally take awhile to kick in. It's not real common, but it does happen. I think they told her it had something to do with irregular cycles, but don't quote me on that. It's been so long since I last thought about that phone call saying "Guess What!!!!"
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• wow!! Its so cool to hear it from someone who has had first hand experience with this!
    julieobug

Answer by julieobug at 9:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• awsome keep us updated
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• omg hope it goes well for u and keep us posted xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• so it's monday...what happened on saturday?
    poppysgirl3

Answer by poppysgirl3 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Oh They did the u/s and the baby is gone. So I know that if this happens again that its a bad thing and the baby is not healthy.
    julieobug

Answer by julieobug at 2:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2010