I need a miracle Vacuum!

Any suggestions on the BEST vacuum out there? Dirt Devils cant handle our house I guess! I need something that will just suck it up and not spit it back out! Our house collects dust and pet hair..and paperclips,string,plasic parts and other kid dirt :) Im thinking Oreck, i just don't know yet!

Bran6903

Asked by Bran6903 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I can tell you not a Kirby! I was fed up with going through a vacuum a year and about to get a Dyson and the saleskid (he was about 22) showed up with a Kirby so I broke down and bought it. I am confident it will last because I know people who have had them for ever, but it is SO heavy and awkward, and the attachments are not 'on board' I really wish I didn't invest in it.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I have a Dyson...my in-laws got it for use for Christmas last year and it is way better than any other vacuum I've had. It doesn't have bags, so when you empty the canister you have to be careful that the dirt doesn't just fly back up, but otherwise, I love it!
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 7:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Dyson all the way. They're expensive but worth the investment. Keep up the maintenance and warranty and they'll last a long time.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Thanks Ladies, its between a Dyson and a Bissel..yes weeks later im still deciding! ha
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2010