Planning Wedding before engagement?

Me and my partner have been together for only 2 years and have a son together. We both know that someday we will get married, but at the moment we cant quite afford it. Is it bad to start planning my future wedding now? I know I cant spend alot, but if I slowly over time pick stuff out -dress/flowers/etc. that I would like to have, Would that be bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• no..i had my wedding plans going before i was asked..just because i knew he was going to and we were talking about marraige. I was looking at locations and dresses
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You could go to a justice of the peace and make it official right now (since the baby is already here). And have a lovly reception when you can afford it. The whole thing - dress, photos, dinner, dancing, etc.
    Anonymous

• I love doing that too...im decorating my room and i havent even found an appartment yet...my mom always say never count your chicken before they hatch...u might get dissapointed
    Anonymous

• Love this question, I got married 16 yrs ago, my wedding was AWESOME and only cost us $3000 - that might sound like a lot to you but for an awesome, catered wedding w live music it is crazy! I am very resourceful - which is how you need to be. We had a nice backyard so had the wedding at home, but you could have it at a park or check into renting a Lions club hall or someplace like that. I went to a floral wholesaler and got roses for $1 ea, I got an absolutely beautiful wedding gown at David's Bridal for $99 and another $25 for alterations, I bought it 4 sizes too big! We found a great caterer who didnt have a minimum (we had 30 guests family and best friends) and had prime rib, the works all catered w wait staff and cake, everything. You can make your own invitations. We bought just beer, wine and champagne, the caterer provided the bar and bartender. We hired a friend to play music, he played guitar and had a dj booth cont
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 7:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• go to local clubs/bars etc and find a band or one man guy you like and just ask. We made the decorations ourselves, my cousin DJ'd the whole night, a relative did the video and another did the photos. You can do it, reach into your DIY drawer! Best to you and your family.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 7:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You did all of that when you wern't engaged? and no one thaught it was weird?
    Anonymous

• a friend of mine started planning hers before she was engaged. she really like the bk
    Bridal Bargains, 9th Edition: Secrets to Throwing a Fantastic Wedding on a Realistic Budget by Denise Fields and Alan Fields
    Anonymous

• groombrideI think it's always good to plan ahead. Even if you don't stick with this guy you can keep the plans and change the guy!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010