stupid wine question...

hey.. so i know this is silly but i dont know.. if my bottle of wine says 6% (im drinking some fruity wine) does that mean its 6% alcohol for every glass i have or the whole bottle of wine only contains 6% wine???? please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• if you drank one ounce, it would be 6% alcohol. the entire contents of the bottle (how ever large or small does not matter- it would be the same amount) contains 6%. it has about as much alcohol as a beer. If it is arbor mist, it IS a malt beverage.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• The whole bottle by volume.

I prefer bottles of white fruity Australian wines....probably because they're around 12% alcohol!!! WOOT! A bottle of that stuff and I'm tipsy, two and I'm DRUNK!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• This is a good question! Not stupid at all! I have always wondered the same thing! :-)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It means it's 6% alcohol by volume. Basically, you'll barely get a buzz off of it even if you drank the whole thing :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2010