If you feel health care is a right, how do you feel about the current HCR bill?

The current bill will still leave many, many people uninsured.

The current bill will make people who cannot afford insurance into criminals.

The current bill will eliminate denials for pre-existing conditions, but doesn't cap how much insurance can cost for the sick and disabled.

The current bill allows tax breaks only for a select few in the country.

The current bill will make the cost of certain medical goods and supplies go up.

The current bill gives breaks to plastic surgeons, but not OB/GYNs or pediatricians.

Is this health care bill going to give you, and others, what is actually needed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a massive disaster. I, unlike a lot of people, love the idea of socialized healthcare, but this isn't it. We aren't correcting the issues of the insurance companies, tort reform isn't even mentioned, and we aren't talking about reducing healthcare COSTS. I disagree that any reform is worth it. We need the right reform, but I have no faith in any of our current elected officials (regardless of party lines - they're all completely inept and out of touch) to make the right calls. Too much pork in Congress to actually serve the people.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yeah...good luck on this one. A woman in another question was praising this thing up and down....when I asked for some things specifically good in the bill, she never answered. NIETHER of the bills being consolidated is worth a dang. BOTH are FULL of PORK and special interest BRIBES. The ONLY reason they are dead set on this course is they want to be able to say the passed SOMETHING they dont really care WHAT.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It's a loaded crap-tac-ular liberal spending package.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think the current health care bill is crap, and we have a gov't that doesnt care at all about the people of America.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'm convinced that many that want HCR have absolutely no idea what it entails. 

How can anyone back this pork-ladened package full of breaks to those who lobby the best, committees and oversights that are wasteful and redundant, and tons of crap that has NOTHING to do with health care?  All it does is complicate and increase the cost of care while covering the very few.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I am for UHC (don't bother arguing with me on this, it is a difference of opinion and my mind won't be changed) but am against the bill.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If you want UHC, you SHOULD be against this bill. I'm certainly not going to argue with you on that. Kudos for recognizing what a disaster it is.
    Anonymous

• mommy...I completely respect that opinion (dont agree but respect :)...its the crazies that get on here and say this bill HAS to pass so EEEVVEERRYYOONNEEE has HC that make me a little nuts :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• LOL thanks momof. I'm on my iPhone and am not really up for more arguing. The bill is crap, though.

I hate touch screens!
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Our Declaration of Independence tells some that free health insurance is a right HA HA HA
    Anonymous