morning sickness and cooking!

I wasn';t sure where to post this, but I'm 6 weeks and having morning sickness that just gets worse as the day goes by. We are on a tight budget and I'm really having a hard time finding things to eat, let alone finding ideas for dinner for everyone! I need ideas on things to cook that I can tolerate! (ex. no strong smells, and meat just sounds gross, but hubbby is a carnivore lol)

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know meat is hard to eat but your protein is SO vital to your baby's growth and health. I had to snack on chesse, nuts and made whey protein fruit smoothies when I was pregnant with my first. I would eat my meat later in the evening when my stomach wasn't as sick. Sesame seeds, cheeses, eggs, nuts, peanut butter...anything you can do to get your protein in is best. It is the best thing for growing a baby and 80-100g of protein a day keeps you from toxemia and eclampsia.

As far as the things to eat- foods that are mild on your stomach and don't require alot of chewing- spaghetti, chicken casserole with cheese on it and veggies mixed in (with the chicken in bite sizes pieces for easier swallowing), Brisket cooked til its so tender is peels off in shreds is easy to eat and good protein. Make sure you are getting your veggies and fruits in too. Tuna fish sandwiches I ate alot or I put the tuna on a salad, egg salad. GL
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 7:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• oh I know!!! I'm worse at night though... maybe I should cook earlier in the day. I just don't like to at all anymore (unless its sweets lol)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'm 14 weeks pregnant and still very nauseous. My dh cooks most nights so I don't have to smell anything and can just eat a small portion when it's cooled down (the smell to me is stronger when it's hot). Either that or I just have a salad with some frozen grilled chicken strips (I heat them first)

Answer by missanc at 8:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2010