Adopting from Birth

My Fiance and I are interested in adopting a girl...or twin girls...from birth. Any ideas on how to go about this?! Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• a lawyer to guide you through either an adoption agency or private adoption.
    Anonymous

• This is a good site that can help you http://www.angeladoptioninc.com/

The only issue I see with you adopting from birth in the US is you are not allowed to choose a child based on gender. The agency does not tell you what the person is having that chose you to be the adopting parents. See they make a profile for you and the woman decides which family she likes. .
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• There are plenty of children that want a family. Why not try that instead? Adoption isn't like shopping for new shoes.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I hope you're planning to get married first since many agencies will not even consider an unmarried couple for infant adoption.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010