worried mom.

So I went to the dr. a few weeks ago for a routine pregnancy check up and she felt my thyroid and the right side was a little bigger then the other. Then I got my blood tested and got a call back today and sure enough it was slightly positive for hypothyroidism. Im getting an ultra sound done tomorrow to see what needs to be done. Im not worried about me but Ive heard that it's not good for the baby if you don't have the right amount of hormones during the first trimester. I never had problems before so I think it's that postpartum thyroid problem you get after child birth. My daughter is 2 now so Ive had it that long now and never knew. Im soo worried about my unborn baby. Do I really have THAT much to be concerned about or am I just overreacting?

babygirlayla

Asked by babygirlayla at 7:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• well there are alternative treatments to hypothyroidism. maybe see a homeopathic doctor and see what they say?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I took thyroid medication during my pregnancy due to hypothyroidism and the doctor said that it was much better for the baby that I did take the medication. He said that it was completely safe and that if I did not take it, my baby's brain might not develop normally. My daughter is 14 now and has made straight As in school. I wonder if that would have been the case if I had not taken my medication.

Read this web site - it has very important information for you:

http://health.utah.gov/mihp/pregnancy/preged/duringpreg/hypothyroidsim.htm
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yeah that's why I am worried...Im 12 weeks and just found out. What if Something is wrong with my baby?
    babygirlayla

Answer by babygirlayla at 2:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010