chores....

ok so my DD is 5 years old...and instead of just handing things over like toys i want her to earn it....i want to make a chore list for her like am's make bed get dressed pm's take out bathroom trash clean room. evenings i draw a blank and then for every thing she does i will put a sticker and if she gets a sticker for EVERYTHING for the ENITRE week she can get something like a toy or money for her piggy bank...or soemthing she wants of her choice....any ideas on what else i can have her do? i dont want it to be too much but i also dont want it to be to little....so any ideas would be great!!!!

melodysmomma04

Asked by melodysmomma04 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 4.5 year old is responsible for getting herself dressed, cleaning her room weekly, helping to clean up the toys downstairs nightly, she empties the silverware out of the dish washer, takes her own dishes to the sink and puts her own folded cloths away, taking out the bathroom trash is a good one, she could bring them to me to empty, so that is another one for her. oh and bringing me her dirty cloths.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• thanks hun!!! silverware one is great.....and putting dirty clothes away is good one too!
    melodysmomma04

Answer by melodysmomma04 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Look at the article on kids and chores which shows age appropriate chores and also some books and tools for teaching kids chores http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html  look on responsibility and chores section.  Reading books about chores and responsibility help kids to understand and when they see their favorite character do something they want to also!

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010