seriously!?!

My cuz is freaking out that she is broke and may owe $ on taxes..... BUT she just told be that they made $121k last year. They live in fla, where the cost of living is not too bad.
I live right outsdie dc (2nd richest county in the us- ugh), am a single mom with no help, and made $21k last year.
WTF
Just needed to vent so that I didn't say something to hurt her feelings.... would this (the complaining) annoy you if you were me?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would be totally annoyed and I know where you are coming from, my inlaws are very well off and they are always complaining about being broke and not having any money, whereas my husband and I truly struggle every month to make ends meet.
    sw06

Answer by sw06 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I wouldnt try to get annoyed with her...but i understand completely. My SO and I make it with a child making a fraction of what my mom makes. Our definitions of broke are VERY different and it does get REALLY frustrating....but just kinda listen with one ear and let it go!!! They prob. created more bills as they made more money!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• First of all, the cost of living down here (Florida) is by no means good. BUT 121k??? Why the hell is she complaining? My DH and I made a little more than a quarter of that and WE survived....
    Anonymous

• where she lives I used to live- I didnt mean to generalize it, the cost of living where they live in Fla is not bad, not ness the whole state - didnt mean to offend

also - I didnt ask what they made she volenteered the info, hello a whole $100k more than I made, Im not the one for you to be complaining too...
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• We make a lot of money, way more than your cuz and we still struggle. It seems the more you make, the more your expenses are.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• - her expennces are higher than mine, but not by that much ( I know too much - lol) her spending on the other hand......
    Im not saying either that making $$ is bad, more power to her I wish I made more, but I am not the right one as a single mom with no helpo making 1/6 of what she does that thse should be complaining too....esp since she knows she doesnt want to hear what I have to say...her kids arent allways first priority and then she cant afford stuff for hte kids, where my son is #1 priority....
    ugh just venting lol - thanks for being an ear ladies so I didnt say something rude to her!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• HELL YES IT WOULD DRIVE ME CRAZY IM SO WITH YOU GIRL!!!!!
    mommy0421

Answer by mommy0421 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Just tell her to calm down. The irs will let them make payments, it is not the end of the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2010