constipation.

i just found out i'm prego and this time i'm really constipated.. will pushing to poo cause any harm to my baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Work on relieving your constipation naturally:
    drink lots of water
    cut way back on, or eliminate, meat, dairy, bananas, simple/white grains, processed sugars
    build you meals around whole grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Not at all. BUT you may try to take a small amount of fiber daily to keep your stools soft enough to avoid tearing. I tore when I was pregnant, and still tear just a bit every time I "go".
    Anonymous

• ^^^^ anon from above^^^^ I'm 19 mo postpartum and i still bleed when I go. Sometimes lots of blood, sometimes very little. but always blood.
    Anonymous

• No. If you push too hard you might give yourself hemorrhoids though.
    Drink lots of water, eat lots of leafy greens and high fiber foods.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• if you just found out your prego you will be fine but you can get hemorrhoids though. you should drink more water and leafy greend and high fiber food's. but later in your pregnancy mid second and third trimesters it isnt safe puts to much preasure on the uteris and can cause problems
    mommy0421

Answer by mommy0421 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Do you have stool softeners in your prenatal vitamin? If not, you may wanna try that too. W/ my last pregnancy I had those type of pv's and had no problem w/ constipation. This time I've got just reg. pv's and I've had quite a prob. Good luck!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2010