post partum sex

so I am 11 days pp and would really like to have sex with my hubby. still bleeding a little, 3rd degree tear not feeling too bad, all in all feeling pretty good. should we go fir it and take it slow or avoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it really is your decision. PERSONALLY I'd wait, but there are women on here who have had sex immediately following giving birth. If you're not scared of the pain, go for it. BUT keep in mind that there's a reason you're supposed to wait. Especially if you tore.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Avoid! Seriously, is the risk of a uterine infection worth it? And that third degree tear could reopen if it is strained too soon and how would you like to explain to the doc why it needs to be restitched?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would wait.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would wait till you got the go head. You do not want to tear anything open and/or get an infection. I had a third degree tear and let me tell you we tried at the go head at 6 weeks and it hurt like hell. We waited a couple of more weeks. There are other things you can do to show love to each other.
    Anonymous

• i'm sorry..lol...but sex didn't cross my mind (or my dh's 'freaked out-by-seeing the birth' mind) until several months later!!
    you'd be smart to wait, at least until your doc ok's it. you may 'feel' fine, but trust me, your insides/tear are not up to the task, yet.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would wait until the Dr. gives the ok.
    Anonymous

• i had sex 2 weeks after, but i had a csection
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2010