30th Birthday Bash

I am turning 30 and my husband wants to throw me a huge party but he can't plan something like that so he wants me to plan it and him take the credit basically lol I was probably going to put a 500$ limit on the party, including space rental, food, and booze. I wanted a party cruise boat, but it's 1000$ for two hours, I don't want to spend that much on myself. Plus if I have my own bartenders I can charge for drinks and make money back. I would have people working for tips alone or 5$/hr +tips I also have a free DJ, just need to tip him good.. so... any ideas?? I'm a "young" 30, but classy..

Seven07

Asked by Seven07 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I went to San francisco with a girl friend for my 30th (she turned 30 a few days after I did) We shopped, got mani pedis, it was so much fun! Maybe you could do a girl's trip like that or go to a spa with a girlfriend, that may be more memorable then a party.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Not sure about this, but something for you to look into, if your going to be selling drinks you may need to have a liquor license.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would go retro & have an 80's theme party at a rollerskating rink. We have a local one that you can rent for 3 1/2 hours (private party) & it is for up to 40 people & $240.
    Anonymous

• great ideas! & I will have to have a creative way to "charge" for the drinks then :)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2010