Would you adopt one of the newly orphaned Haitian children if it was not so expensive and had so much red tape?

the news said that the Haitian Gov. is at a loss as to what to do with all of the newly orphaned children. IF it was a inexpensive and non stress full 'transaction' would you adopt one of them? It think it's so sad it isn't easier and cheaper. I would help one of them in a second through adoption but I just don't have the thousands of dollars it would take...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hmmmm....NO!
    Hmmmm....RUDE!

I don't think I would but I honestly only wouldn't because I am done having children. I mean ,my first thought is YES OF COURSE but in all honesty I have all I can handle already. The whole situation for them is just awful.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yes I would. I saw a little girl on the News whose mother died, she had to be about the same age as my daughter (around 2) and they showed how she cries every time she sees a woman because she's confused and doesn't understand what happened to her mother. It absolutely broke my heart, I wanted to reach through the TV and scoop her up and just hug her...
    Anonymous

• Adoption is never easy no matter where you adopt from.
    Anonymous

• No, I wouldn't. I would prefer to adopt a child from the U.S.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My husband and I would love to adopt a Haitian child.
    Anonymous

At least the children in the US who are not yet adopted at the moment are in shelters/homes with roofs, climate control, beds, food, water, medical care and clean clothing.

Yes I sure would! It's so sad.
    Anonymous

• Ok, seriously. If you want to adopt a child and you chose to adopt a newly orphaned Haitian child, why would money be an issue? Personally I find that offensive (I'm adopted). Regardless of whether this child is naturally yours or adopted it's ALWAYS going to be expensive.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I absolutley would in a second.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• OP:: I never said it was easy from somewhere else jsut that it seems like they would want to encourage people to adopt these poor children to get them off of the streets and into loving homes that they deserve. Adoption is just so hard and when it critical like in this situation it's so sad for the children who are having to suffer because the gov has to make an ordeal over it.
    Anonymous

• I find it disheartening that any adoption cost so much. I know so many people who would love to add to thir families via adoption but just can't afford the fees and still have money left to care for the child.
    Anonymous