Any tips on how I can tone up without losing weight or gaining bulky muscle?

I'm happy with my size and shape, I just want to tone up without looking like an Amazon chick lol. Thank you in advance!

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 9:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• yoga and pilates :)
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Toning up won't bulk you up. I agree with honeyb3

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I know what you mean I used to have a low impact aerobic tape that I used to do before I met my dh and stopped doing it when I met my dh...I wish I wouldn't have stopped this was back in the late 90's it was from and called Cosmopolitan Tonetics I loved it I felt good all of the time I don't know what happened to it...How I wish I still had it...but to anwser your question start off with a low impact aerobics..GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would suggest pilates exercises with bands. Pilates has six principles centering, concentration, control,precision, breath, and flow. I have the workout on my total gym which is a great workout. Good Luck
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Pilates , Pilates , pilates! I can never say it enough. Lengthen , strengthen and tone your muscles. Improve balance,posture and flexibility while improving your mind and body connection. Most gyms offer group mat classes. If they are taught properly (unfortunantly many are not) you will benefit from this method greatly. Alternatively you can get Pilates DVD's For beginners which are usually quite informative. Resistance bands are good but not essential. As you get more proficiant you can "spice" things up with Pilates rings, bands and rollers.
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 2:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Women can lift weights without risk of bulking up. We have estrogen and that really prevents us from building muscle quickly. It's ridiculously hard for women to look Amazonian.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• women need testosterone to bulk up. don't worry, just don't power lift!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• For women "in general" it can be hard to build muscle. I am not one of those people. I can build muscle better than some men can. For me it is genetic (dad's side of the family is athletically built). But it's not like I can compare w/ my brother (same genes, but different gender). He is 5 inches taller, out-weighs me by 50 pounds and can out-do me in the weightlifting category w/out even having to try (assuming that I were trying).

Yoga and Pilate's will not cause any person (man or woman of any build) to get bulky.

honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• three words.

JARI LOVE RIPPED
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2010