Do you like weird names?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate them.... I like names that are spelled the normal way and that can be pronounced by anyone ....just my $.02
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 9:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i dont like crazy names but i do like names that are a little different. i also think its cute to give a spin to a common name and spell them or sound them out differently!.... like my name is Adelyn...Addie and Lynn put together.(or Madeline without the M!) my daughter is Jayda Amauri (like amari) Naevon and my son is Adrian Isaiah...not too crazy!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• We like uncommon names. My oldest is Riane(Ree-ann) and my youngest Xandra(Zan-dra)
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Nope, not at all. That's because I have a weird spalled name. My parents decided to name me Sabreena, pronounced like Sabrina, only misspelled. They did that because they liked it better like that. People always thought I was illitarate so when I was 18 I changed to Sabrina.
    My daughter's name is a common pretty name. She's an Emma.
    Anonymous

• Yes! My daughter is an Adelaide and my son is an Aristotle!
    Anonymous

• Nope. I prefer common names. I am Ashley and my daughters are Alyssa and Amanda.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 9:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yeah! My daughter's name is Afroxilanthi. We call her Anthi. And I'm expecting another girl and I really like the name Moondance so I think that's going to be her name.
    Anonymous

• NO! what a way to torture a child! Uncommon - ok, but totally crazy made up letters and spellings NO.

I feel sorry for the kids with the normal sounding name thats spelled so totally off the wall too - in my 8 year olds class there's a girl named Nyatuach - Natasha.

its horrible trying to write out invites and valentines for these poor kids - I feel horrid when I don't spell it right, and my girls come home embarrased that they got their friend's name wrong.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I have to add....

Its sad that people only consider the name as BABY'S name, and not the name of child, teen, and then adult. consider how your child will like being called "_______" as an adult with a professional job - is it a name that will be giggled about or a name that will be respected
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• no
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2010