My daughters friend calls me mom.

is that ok to you? like i know she does not have any home trouble becuz im friends with her mom. its not that i mind this to much i was just wondering are any of your kids friends doing this. and is this normal. like i am not like perffect mom im single and work two jobs so wht do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• depends on her age, i have a friend whose 3 yr old calls me mom, it becaue its what my son calls me
    if shes older then I might question it, but if she is young its normal
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Alot of friends call their friends mom
    It doesnt matter. It doesnt mean ANYTHING about home life.
    Why do you care if it is ok to us?
    Anonymous

• and btw they r eleven. and she is with us alot like she helped us train our newborn puppies and taught one of them sit. everybody thinks shes my daughter. and ya she prectically lives at our house sooooo.
    missjamie100

Answer by missjamie100 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• One of my sons friends called me mom, and I called him my other son. It was just a comfortable joke. He did this until his 20s and I no longer saw him very much because my son moved out of the area.

Answer by Bmat at 10:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think maybe she respects you, as a mom. And maybe you have things about you she wishes her mom had. It's probably a comfortable thing for her to do!

(OP, did you mean to be anon at 10:00??)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It might be her way of saying that she likes you and feels close to your family. Some of my friends did this as a term for endearment. I have no idea if their mothers got mad though.
    Anonymous

• all my friends and my brothers friends call my mom, mom it doesn't mean anything. maybe becuz your kids call you mom and its comfortable.
    aperil

Answer by aperil at 10:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Depending on how close I am with my friend and her mother, I call some of my friend's mothers "Mom". If you are uncomfortable with it next time they do it say "Call me whatever". I don't see why it would bother you though....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It just means the child likes you, some my of kids friends have called me mom.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I say don't read too much into it just means she comfortable at your house.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2010