I need to find a church

I want to know what type of church you go to and the beliefs of the church. thanks SOOOO much!!

LoVeMyBaBiEs290

Asked by LoVeMyBaBiEs290 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• This might help you: http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

It worked quite well here. I'm Christian (as in I believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior), am pro-CHOICE and pro gay marriage. I am not a Biblical literalist but rather believe it is Man's interpretation of the Word of God. I was raised Catholic and am comfortable with its rites but not some of its stances.

The BeliefOMatic pointed me toward Episcopalianism, and so far that's been a good fit.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I do not attend a specific denomination, the church I attend is charismatic/pentacostal. We are hungry believers who love to be in the presence of the Lord , we love to bless one another as well as bless Him. We believe in the gifts of the Spirit, baptism of water, spirit and fire. We believe in the trinity, the death the Resurrection of Jesus Christ . Here is the website to my church. You can listen to the podcast as well. blazingfirechurch.org

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'm a Jehovah's witness, we believe that when someone dies, they will be resurrected and judged, those good will inherit everlasting life on a paradise earth.

Psalm 37:9-11 (New American Standard Bible) 9For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land. 10Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more; And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there 11But the humble will inherit the land And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity. this is info on what we believe http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm

Anonymous

• I belong to an Assembly Of God church which is a branch of Pentecostal.

http://ag.org/top/Beliefs/Statement_of_Fundamental_Truths/sft_short.cfm
    cecilmansmom

Answer by cecilmansmom at 11:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would LOVE to come visit Shannon's church sometime!!! : ) Wow. That would be fun!!! I go to a Calvary Chapel. We are a casual church that has a strong focus on teaching through the Word of God verse by verse. We have inspirational contemporary worship, and lot of young families. You can click on the link to find a church near you, look at our beliefs, and listen to podcasts.

Dear Lord, may You please help my sister find a good church that is right on, and teaches your word, where she will be at home and grow in her walk with you. Please give her a good church family. In Jesus Name Amen.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• "I'm Christian (as in I believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior), am pro-CHOICE and pro gay marriage."

Sorry, no you are not a christian. The bible and God teaches against those things. I really hate the hypocritical who are quick to white things out because they don't like it. You either believe it all or none. As God says, either you are warm or cold. If you're luke warm, I will spit you out. I hope your eyes are opened to the truth one of these days.

ANYWAYS...

Only God can decide what church is right for you. What you should do is go around and spend a couple of sundays in each church you feel that you would like. If one of them just feels right to you. Like you're supposed to be there, then that's your church. Good luck on your search.
    PyroDeerHunter

Answer by PyroDeerHunter at 4:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I attend Unity of Toledo but there are Unity Churches all over the world. The main web site is www.unity.org. It's an awesome church because it embraces everyone on whatever path you may be on.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• check out mormon.org to learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 11:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2010