"Best Answers"

How do you like the feature here about choosing the best answer to your question? If you have answered a question that got "best answer" did it make you feel good about yourself? If you didn't get chosen, did you feel like your answer wasn't "good enough"? Or what if a best answer was never chosen, do you feel jipped because yours may have been the best but no one chose anything?

Just curious, I was thinking about it earlier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Wow, good question. I was actually surprised to see that cafemom had this section. My husband for about the last 2 months has been addicted to the Yahoo Answers section on Yahoo, and when i say addicted I MEAN addicted. He is on it at work, and he is on it when he gets home. He gets a rush from being a top contributer (something Yahoo tags them with if they get a certian # of best answers and your percentage is above a certain level). I have not gotten into this answers thing enough to know if I would be sad if i did not get picked or not. I guess I am about to find out. I suppose I can check back later and let you know, lol. But I know my husband takes if VERY personal when he does not get best answer.
    Littlem72

Answer by Littlem72 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Well, it's nice to have an answer acknowledge as a good one. If the advice you give isn't a good one for the poster, it just means it isn't the best answer for her at the time. I have received advice I didn't care for at the time but it turned out to be the best once I was able to accept it. It's very subjective usually.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I dont care if they liked my answer or not, yet I'm #2 on BEST answers. I'm TRYING to help people who cant, or wont find the info they want on their own.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I'm really glad that they added this ANSWERS feature... I see a lot of people with questions in the groups I'm in, and I'm really happy to help people who need it, and since I can't be in ALL of the groups, this is a good way for everyone to help everyone else. It does make me feel good when someone likes the "help" I've given them... not so I can be "cool" but just because I'm happy to help. And I'm nosy... :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Vbruno is just rude!
    Anonymous

• I like the answer section. I do get annoyed though when I see the same question. Especially when they are on the same page.... But every one wants to ask their own question so I get over that. NO big deal.

I like it when a question is closed and you see the "best answer" first, and I like receiving the PM letting me know that my answer was picked. It to me just means the mom like what I had to say, or I was the most helpful for her at that time which is cool!

I wish they (CM) got rid of the Top Answerers section...to me it seems so High School and just once again another popularity contest. Seriously we are all adults here, why do we need to have these popularity contest.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• best answer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2008