Is this ok for a baby shower?

Ok My mother originally was supposed to throw me a baby shower,but my mother can barely take care of herself (money wise) & is currently having legal trouble as well.My father will not speak to me nor will his new wife.My sister cannot throw me one either on account of the way she lives her life. I have nothing for the baby and wanted to celebrate the baby's coming into this world.My husband offered to throw me one and I was wondering if that is normal or if people will look down on it and not come... I think it is a really sweet idea because he sees how upset my family makes me with their life choices and how I get the shitty end of the deal pardon me lol please let us know something!(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• He can but just to have a baby shower to get stuff im sorery sounds greedy.
    You shouldnt depend on others to give you what you need for the baby.
    If all you are wanting is to celebrate the baby then have a baby greeting party after birth
    Anonymous

BEFORE YOU CALL SOME ONE GREEDY LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!

Anyways OP. I think your DH giving you a baby shower is a great idea!! Why not? I would let him =). GL and Congrats!
    Anonymous

• I think that's really sweet of him!! My friend just had a baby shower that her husband helped with... I think it's something you guys can share and he gets to be a part of... :)
    Anonymous

• First, I agree with anon 1106. Second, I think it's an adorable idea. My llittle brother offered to throw me one with this pregnancy. I declined because of his money issue's, but I thought the gesture was very sweet! I would say go for it. If your DH loves you that much celebrate the occassion!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 12:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Go for it! It is not GREEDY what so ever! I have had 2 baby showers all co-ed style. and im going to have another soon. I think he is very sweet an nice for doing this for you :-) Good Luck, Congrats and have a good time at your baby shower
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i think its a nice idea.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• 1st BIG FLIPPIN WHOOP I spelled sorry wrong. At least I am not throwing a fit because GASP I may have to buy MY babies things on MY own. If the only reason for a freakin baby shower is because you WANT the gifts instead of buying it then YES IT IS GREEDY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• ok I think that is really sweet of your man to want to do something like that. I never got a baby shower, and it would have really helped. So freaking what if it might or might not be GREEDY. We all as parents deserve that right to be greedy and want everyone we know to celebrate in the coming of our children. We want things. . . great!!! that shows we are caring individuals. Yes, it is always nice if we can do it on our own, but I don't know a single parent who got everything 100% for their kids themselves!!! GO FOR IT!!! AND MAYBE SQUEEZE IN A LITTLE PAMPERING TOO!!!
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 3:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Okay original responder, did you not have a baby shower? Do you not recieve birthday presents on your birthday? HOw is having a baby shower and asking for baby things greedy? It's a f-ing tradition and shouldn't be analyzed anymore than being just that.

Jeesh! I hate how people are over analyzing things these days. You can't do anything without someont bitching about it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think it's a great idea and a very sweet gesture on your hubby's part!!!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2010