Is this ok for a baby shower?

Ok My mother originally was supposed to throw me a baby shower,but my mother can barely take care of herself (money wise) & is currently having legal trouble as well.My father will not speak to me nor will his new wife.My sister cannot throw me one either on account of the way she lives her life. I have nothing for the baby and wanted to celebrate the baby's coming into this world.My husband offered to throw me one and I was wondering if that is normal or if people will look down on it and not come... I think it is a really sweet idea because he sees how upset my family makes me with their life choices and how I get the shitty end of the deal pardon me lol please let us know something!(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we threw our own shower. no one knows who is "in charge" of the shower. They just get an invite and come.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 10:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think it's really sweet of your husband to say that he'll throw it! Maybe you guys could put a little money together for the snacks and whatnot and maybe let your mom still be a part of it and help... any way you have a baby shower those who mean the most to you will be there!
    Anonymous

• Super09mom is right - just send out the invites and have your mom host the party. Nobody has to know who paid for the party.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Well I wouldn't throw one simply because you "have nothing for the baby". That seems kind of shallow. Inviting others to celebrate the soon to be born new addition is great but not to get gifts.... Have your hubby throw it and invite everyone to celebrate a new life in the spirit of love.
    Anonymous

• That is so sweet of your hubby. It doesn't matter who throws the shower. Most people that you are going to be inviting will probably be close friends anyway so they're not going to care who is throwing the shower. They'll just want to be there to help celebrate your little one's birth. If you hubby wants to throw the party let him or if you feel more comfortable with you mom throwing it then go ahead and pay for it but let her host it. Do whatever you want and have a fun day celebrating your baby.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• That is a very sweet idea, but it is considered bad form to throw your own shower. It should also not be thrown by anyone related to the baby. That's old school etiquette. People will know who is throwing it by the RSVP. However, most people don't follow the old etiquette rules, so you should be fine.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Honestly, I don't have any idea who "threw" the baby showers I"ve been to, inless it was me! lol.....I seriously doubt anyone will even know or ask who actually threw the shower. Just do what you want to!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010