Vagina very itchy and red, what can i do? TMI i know

I dont have a yeast infection, i have zero discharge. im just so itchy, its red and swollen. I have tried cotton underwear, going half naked (lol) not touching it. Vinegar bath, salt bath. Nothing works. It seriously hurts down there to the touch. I am also 29 weeks 6 days pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They have vagasil anti itch wipes you can try those or they have anti itch creams by vagasil
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Thanks, i been using the Monistat cream for anti itch and it burns and does not work
    Anonymous

• Vaginitis

Yeast infections usually cause the vagina and the vulva to be very itchy and red. ... Other factors that can upset the delicate balance include pregnancy, which changes hormone levels, and diabetes, ... Occasionally, a woman can have itching, burning and even a vaginal discharge without having an infection
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• The pH of the vagina changes in pregnancy and these changes can cause local irritation, redness and itching. To lower vaginal pH, you might try baking soda baths.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Baking soda like Arm And hammer right? How much do i pour in warm water?
    Anonymous

• I actually had the same problem a few weeks ago. I think the no discharge was the part that made it super itchy! Sounds gross but everyone gets something like that sometime. I actually put some lube down there and it helped tons, it went away after a few days...
    Anonymous

• I used the super strong anti itch medication and wipes.....they burned at first, but I think it was because I scratched it so much. But after that it felt numb...and I'd say after a few days it was gone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• By any chance are you using panty liners? I started using panty liners because I was having heavy discharge and the panty liners caused me to get a rash. It was very itchy. Took about 1 week to clear up after I realized it was the liners.

I would mention it to your OB though because you can have other infections other than yeast.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• thrush????????????
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2010