I'm burning up? Help, how do I relieve this!

It's so hot to me and I can't even sleep because I'm so uncomfortable. I have so many complaints on here lately but it's so many things bothering me. I have to not wear anything and I'm still hot and my pillows are all warm and I can't stand it. How do I cool off without turning on the cold air, which my family is cold but I am hot. I have my fan on and that is not helping either. I'm getting close to my due date so does that have anything to do with it? I wake up sweating. I want to cool down and fast.

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was the same way last month. I turned the heater down to 60 (poor DH about froze lol) and anytime I could while I was home I just wore a thin tshirt and I slept naked. Fans are wonderful. Even putting a wet cloth on your head could help. When I got reall really really hot I would just hop in a cold shower. It's almost over hang in there!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 4:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• How about a cool bath or shower? Put cold packs on your neck and wrists and behind your knees. That should help. If you don't have ice packs use cold rags.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• well i don't have answer for you buti feel your pain i have the same problem i open the window and i have a fan
    my family it's cold i even thought of sleeping in room of the houde by my self but we don't have any extra beds or i would
    good luck keep ing cool
    i have a suggetion try puting a cool wash rag on your neck an d see if that helps whenit gets hot go soak it ice cold water and put it on a again
    that what i do
    i also keep cool packs in the fridge to cool me down i wrap them in a towel and put them behind my neck when i lay down to keep me cooler
    mika1984

Answer by mika1984 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You might try a cooling blanket - I love it. They draw heat away from your body using special materials and tap water (you won't feel the wetness at all) and keep you cool all night. Silver Eagle Outfitters sells the Cool Quilt for $50-115 for adult size blankets. Check it out - it is well worth the investment and you will really appreciate it again when menopause hits (my age).

http://www.silvereagleoutfitters.com/shop/blanket/CQB.html
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i used the wet wash cloth on the back of my neck, seems like if my neck is cool the rest of me follows. hormons are just going crazy but call and get doctor advice if that makes you feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're not alone
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2010