If you're not a Christian why do you use phrases like God bless you, oh my God, Jeasus etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't say "oh my god" to praise god. Saying it is just a habit.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• There are other religions that believe in a g-d, Christians don't have a monopoly on anything but Jesus. And for the record I say "bless you" and "oh my goodness."
    Anonymous

• By the way you spelt jeasus wrong....its JESUS...
    Anonymous

• I don't say "God Bless you" I will say bless you if you sneeze... not meaning nothing but out of habit...
    When I get mad or bump/stub something... (you know a bad day issue) I may say "God-damn-it' or for 'Christ-sakes" again
    nothing to do with praising the Christian God... out of habit... now when I get really mad I will say "Jesus-H-Christ" don't know why, heard a long time ago, like the sound of it and contiue to say it... my dh is a Christian and says 'Jesus-Christ' a lot...but not in praise either...
    Now I don't say those all the time and rarely if ever in public out of respect for those who are around me...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't. Okay well the ocassion Jesus Frelling Christ might escape my lips when I bash my elbow on the corner of the counter, but that's just because of habit. I say Gesundheit when someone sneezes and Oh My Flying Spaghetti Monster or Oh my Goodness for the rest. I just can't seem to break the more "blasphemous" statement.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I may say "bless you when someone sneezes" thats a habit and not intended to bless them via any specific Deity. When I stub my toe or accidentally hurt myself I will say "Jesus Tap Dancing Christ"
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Oh, but I did drop my habit of using the F-bomb. I say Frell now. That's what happens when you watch nothing but Farscape for 3 weeks straight. LOL
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• "Bless you" to me doesn't really hold any significance unless I am saying it to someone for an illness. And then I will say Goddess bless you. Christianity is not the only religion with a God, ya know. And, as far as Jesus Christ, I don't say that very often. I usually use more vulgar words then that.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I say bless you, and i say God Bless America ...but Christians are not the only ones who have a god. I try to avoid saying Jesus Christ because i think it's rude. But sometimes it slips. bad habit. and i don't say oh my god. ...i think that phrase is annoying.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Because "Oh science! Science!" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Anonymous