head sweats

ok so off and on this month my 13month old son when he falls asleep either during naps and/or at bedtime; his head gets very hot and he sweats very bad; the pillow end up with a huge wet spot. His body is normal to cold. We went to the Dr today and they are going to do a full blood work up tomorrow morning. My mom has the same thing happen to her and her Dr's said it was because her blood sugar drops very low when she is sleeping. Has anyone else had this happen or heard of this?
Thank you!

3Brandi81

Asked by 3Brandi81 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my youngest sweats like that when she sleeps.

I could always tell she was completely asleep by how she'd start up the sweating, its lessened now - she's 3. but if she's super tired its gross.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My DS sweats when he eats. Just his head. Once he's fully asleep he stops sweating.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• First THANK YOU! Both for answering!

My mom watches him when I work nights and one night she said this happended and he sweat so much it looked like he just got out of the bath and the pillow had a huge wet spot; and the next night she gave him teddy grams then had him brush his teeth and go to bed and it didnt happen.... and it doesnt seem to lessen once he is asleep it only seems to stop after hes been asleep for hours if any... ive given him a bath in the mornings before just cause his hair is so gross
    3Brandi81

Answer by 3Brandi81 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• LOL HES A SWEATER SO IS MY DD BUT ITS HER FEET NO KIDDING THE BOTTOM OF BED SHEETS ARE WET HAD BLOOD WORK AND NOTHING JUST SAID SOME KIDS OVER SWEAT, DON'T WORRY, YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING GETTING HIM CHECKED, BUT YOU'RE RIGHT SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GROSS LOL YOU'RE NOT ALONE
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2010