Why do people ask what they are getting back?

We dont know what they claimed. We dont know how many taxes they had taken. We dont know how they will file. We dont know if they will owe.
SO Why do they keep asking on here what they will get back on a tax return??
Why cant they just file or ask H&R block??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• cuz they think we have a magic wond and we can go pooooof "yes you are pregnant and yes you will have a girl" poooooof "you will get this much ______ money back"
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would say many of them have not recieved their W2's yet. However they can go online and get a general idea of what they will get back.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• haha. This was funny and very true just like how so many women get on here and ask "am i pregnant??" pee on a stick or go pee in a cup for your doctor. lol
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 10:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• hee hee....just tell them to go pee on a stick

lol.

or maybe they should keep track through the year about deductions and other stuff - its quite simple.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Okay, here's something for ya, if you are going to cast magical spells.... Cast me one that I can get a refund. After four years of paying in about 4-5 thousand... I want a magical refund too! LOL~!!!
    Anonymous

• Good question. And if they really wanted to know, and don't have their W2's yet, they could always take their last paycheck for 2009 and estimate their refund.
    Anonymous

• I think they think that there is just a set amount, or a set percent for everyone that they pay in.
    Let's face it, our tax system is SUPER complicated and for a lot of people, it's not even worth it to get even a general idea of how it works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• There are people who are unable to save during the year, and prefer to use the government as an interest free bank.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• And more importantly, why does that chick go into each one of those questions and post the number for the IRS. Seriously, if they are on here asking, they have no desire whatsoever to call the IRS. And the chances of getting reasonable answers from the IRS is even less than the chances of them calling in the first place! I'm sure everyone on here is capable of going to the irs website themselves. They are just too lazy to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• LOL Anon 10:05, because rkoloms has nothing better to do than to reply to EVERY question on all the boards with her copy and pasted replies to feel good about herself. Half the time her crap answers don't even answer the question.

Her responses to those asking Avon or Mary Kay reps questions on how well they do with sales always kills me "Don't sell stuff tested on animals with the non-FDA-approved chemicals or sell for companies that do fundraisers for breast cancer research when they sell products that cause breast cancer" BLAH BLAH BLAH. I truely believe that a woman who claims to do so well with her businesses yet spends so much time answering questions HERE, JUST to see her name on Top Answerers area to the right does very POORLY and has NO life.
    Anonymous