My 3 month old takes only 2 20 minute naps i don't know what to do!

She will not stay asleep. When I put her down when she is tired she sleeps then 20 minutes later she's awake. Come around 6 or so she yawns, but goes to bed at 8 sleeps all night lond till 9 the next morning.

Anna5250

Asked by Anna5250 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 1 yr old still wont sleep 6 straight hours! And he hardly ever naps.

consider yourself LUCKY
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 10:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You're lucky she naps at all. My daughter is 2 and she gave up naps a few months ago. I wish mine would nap even for 20 minutes.
    Anonymous

• sounds like she is getting the sleep that she needs, even if it's driving you up a tree. Sleeping through the night at 3 months is awesome, especially for so long. Some people would give their eye teeth for a toddler that slept that long. (and my 11 yr old doesn't sleep through the night, but luckily doesn't bug me either.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My 5 month old son has been doing the same thing for awhile now. He will nap great if I'm laying right next to him, but if I just put him down and leave the room...he'll sleep for 30 mins TOPS! He does sleep well through the night though so I'm not too concerned about it. It is kind of annoying though when you are trying to get stuff done but I've tried everything to get him to sleep longer during the day and nothing works. Some babies don't need as much sleep as others. I was the same way when I was little and my sister would take 4 hour naps. Everyone is different.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• She naps at all...and sleeps that long at night?

Dearie, change NOTHING. You don't know how good you have it!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010