Diabetes question

My friend has type 2 diabetes and I have heard her say that she can feel when her blood sugar is too high. I'm at risk for diabetes and sometimes feel weird after eating something sugary. Just curious, what does it feel like when your blood sugar is too high?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• You might feel really tired, have muscle aches, have blurred vision, or a headache. If you suspect that your blood sugar may be high, please go to the doctor and find out if that is the problem.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Some people may feel differently when their BS is too high. Generally speaking though...that isn't the case. For me personally I know when my BS is too low. I get a 'fuzzy' head. hard to think, hard to concentrate, feeling lightheaded , difficulty walking. Before I had good control...I could have a 300 BS and feel nothing different except maybe a little hot. Your best bet is talk to your Dr. Get a meter and start monitoring yourself.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• constant urination is a key sign
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I was just diagnosed with insulin resistance. For 6 months I was tired tot he point I slept most of the day, couldn't really focus when I peed (sorry if its TMI) you could see the extra sugar passing. Sore achy, slight headaches.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Go to the store & buy a glucometer. When you feel funny, check your blood sugar. My dr told me to try & keep mine between 95 - 120. For about 3 weeks before being diagnosed, I had a constant thirst & was peeing a lot. I was also very depressed & everything made me cry. The previous 18 years, I've had problems with low blood sugar. I'm now on pills. I don't recall ever feeling as good & happy as I feel now.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2010