(Christians, can you help me?)have you ever been so angry at your kids you want to really let it out,

but it is almost like calling the devil himself to roost in your home?

This is when you have to remember kids are a blessing from God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh sure.

I agree with you that contention is "of the devil."

But I think every mom has their moments when they just need to make sure their kids are in a safe place and then give themselves a time-out in another room to cool down.
    Anonymous

• To err is human... and so is being frustrated with your kids. The difference is how you choose deal with it. Mommy time outs work too.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yes I have... when pushed way way too far! It used to be worse when I was younger but now its not so bad.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• "Patience is a virtue, children are a blessing"
    repeat at least 20 times, until you're cooled down enough that you actually believe it.
    LOL
    I think we've all been there.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Always remember that we're not supposed to say or do anything in anger. So just relax and try and take a second to regroup. I know it's hard. I personally think that i gave birth to one of the most challenging kids i've ever even heard of. Hang in there!
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes most of us have been there. I know with my boys I have. My priest gave me some great advice. When I feel them pushing my buttons getting ready to explode. Put on the silliest music I can find and just start singing and dancing with them. It helps so much. Gets out their energy and puts us all in a happier mood. It evens works with DH. But with him I put on tango music and we do the most rediculous tango. Joyous laughter and love keeps the evil one at bay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2010